Since you put so much effort into acquiring your laptop, you probably want to keep it in the best condition possible. Here’s some advice to keep your laptop secure and performing optimally:
- Windows Firewall: Turn on the Windows Firewall feature to stop people and programs from downloading malicious code and viruses to your computer from the Internet.
- Antivirus Software: You can use antivirus software such as Windows Defender, which comes with all Windows 10 laptops, or a third-party antivirus program such as Kaspersky, to scan your computer and remove viruses.
- Use System Restore: You can create a System Restore Point to save current settings and revert to those settings if your computer begins having problems. This can happen after installing a new program or driver for hardware.
- Optimize your hard drive: Optimizing your hard drive cleans out any damaged or obsolete files to improve your laptop’s performance.
- Battery life: All batteries wear out and your laptop’s is no different. If your battery doesn’t hold a charge as long as it used to, consider buying a replacement battery from the manufacturer.